French Drain Installation in Dallas
Superior Yard Drainage Solutions in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area
A soggy lawn, standing water and soil erosion are all signs that you may have a drainage issue. When water pools around the home and other areas of your property, you may be prone to having more issues with your foundation and the soils in your yard. Having a French drain installed can alleviate any further issues on your property.
The French Drain Installation Process
- The first step in installing a French drain will be to dig a trench around the impacted areas. This trench is typically 10 – 24 inches in depth and will have a slope of about one inch. After the trenches are dug, we then place gravel at the base of the trenches. The gravel used can vary but using pea gravel is often the best solution as it creates a natural filter that will allow water to move freely without clogging from leaves or other debris.
- Next, we move on to installing the pipe. Before doing this, we will install a fabric that helps prevent root intrusion and weeds from rooting and growing around the French drain. After the fabric is in place, we then install either flex piping or PVC piping. These types of pipes are best to use as they ensure the longevity of the drainage system.
- After the piping is in place, we then start the backfill process. This is done with the same type of gravel as mentioned above, or for residential homes, it will be a mix of gravel, soil and sod to make the drains less noticeable.
As with most large projects, planning is critical to be sure everything runs smoothly. Some things you need to do before starting construction are:
- Contact 811 to have all underground lines located and marked. This is a free service and generally can be completed within 48 hours of calling.
- If for a commercial property, you will need to determine a location for leftover dirt. Most of the soil removed for the French drain trench will not be needed (residential homes will typically have the dirt and sod backfilled into the trench).
Installing a French drain can be an excellent solution to drainage problems at your home. J Bell Services is fully licensed and experienced in even the most complex issues.
Let our experts fix your drainage issues permanently. Call (214) 307-8783 today to request a free estimate for French drain installation in Dallas.
I’m sure I’ll use them again next year.- Elizabeth S.
Overall very responsive and efficient.- Keri S.
I appreciate their work and professionalism. Excellent!!!- Charles B.
Best in the neighborhood.- Bill F.
Got a lot of compliments from our neighbors.- Satisfied Customer
Established in 2008
Financing and Pricing Options Available
Transparent and Honest
Dependable Service Technicians
Strong Attention to Detail
Woman Owned Business